This combination was mint to be! Not only do they look super cute, they make the BEST cool-down sweet on a summer afternoon.
- 2 litres tub vanilla ice-cream
- 1 ½ tsp peppermint essence
- liquid green food colouring, to tint
White chocolate cones
- ¾ cup white chocolate melts
- 8 waffle cones
- rainbow sprinkles, to decorate
- Place a 12cm x 22cm medium loaf pan in the freezer.
- Stand ice-cream at room temperature until slightly softened. Divide between two large bowls. Stir with a wooden spoon until smooth.
- Add Strawb’ry & Cream flavour and a few drops of pink colouring to one bowl. Stir until combined. Repeat with remaining ice-cream, peppermint extract and green colouring.
- Place large spoonfuls of both coloured ice-creams, alternately, into chilled pan. Do not mix. Cover with plastic wrap. Freeze overnight until firm.
- To make white chocolate cones. Melt chocolate in a heatproof bowl sitting over a saucepan of simmering water. Stir until smooth. Remove.
- One at a time, dip a cone into chocolate, then into a bowl of pink, or green, or combined pink and green sprinkles. Place cones on a tray lined with baking paper. Stand at room temperature until set.
- To serve, scoop ice-cream into cones.
Try replacing waffle cones with waffle baskets. When flavouring and tinting ice-cream, work quickly to prevent it from melting
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||20.4 g|
|Total carbohydrates||77.8 g|
|- Sugars||63.8 g|
|Dietary fibre||2.2 g|