These are the cutest little party food you'll ever get your hands on! Topped with a little bit of fruit, they're sweet as can be!
- 175 g unsalted butter, chopped
- 1 cup caster sugar
- ¾ cup milk
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 2 free-range eggs
- 1 ½ cups self-raising flour
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 300 ml tub thickened cream, whipped
- 12 medium fresh strawberries, hulled, halved lengthways
- chocolate writing icing
- 24 fresh blueberries
- Grease a 19cm x 30cm lamington pan. Line base and sides with baking paper, extending paper 3cm above edges of pan
- Combine butter, sugar, milk and cocoa in a saucepan. Whisk over a medium to low heat until melted and smooth. Transfer to a large heatproof bowl. Cool slightly.
- Add eggs and combined sifted flour and soda. Whisk until smooth. Pour into pan.
- Cook in a moderately slow oven (160C) about 25 minutes, or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Remove from oven. Stand in pan for 10 minutes. Turn out onto a wire rack to cool.
- Place cake on a board. Trim short ends. Cut into 24 equal squares.
- To make ladybug bodies, pipe writing icing lengthways down the centre of halved berries. Pipe small dots on either side, as pictured.
- Spoon whipped cream in a piping bag fitted with a 1cm plain nozzle. Pipe five dots around top of each square, then one dot in the centre to form a flower-shape. Top with ladybug bodies and blueberries for heads.
Writing icing is available in supermarkets. Cake can be made up to one day ahead. Store in an airtight container.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||15.3 g|
|Total carbohydrates||36.5 g|
|- Sugars||22.5 g|
|Dietary fibre||1.3 g|