Pork cutlets are given a sweeter side with apple puree mixed with carrot… delicious!
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 2 tsp finely grated fresh lemon rind
- 4 pork cutlets
- baby rocket, to serve
- steamed fresh asparagus, to serve
- 4 medium carrots, peeled, thinly sliced
- 2 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, chopped
- 25 g butter
- salt and pepper, to taste
- To make puree, boil carrots and apples in a large saucepan of water, uncovered, for about 15 minutes, or until tender. Drain, reserving 1 tblsp of cooking liquid.
- Return carrots and apple to same pan with butter and reserved liquid. Using a stick blender, blend until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, combine oil, garlic and lemon rind in a large bowl. Add pork. Season. Toss well to coat.
- Heat a large, non-stick frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add pork. Cook for about 5 minutes on each side, or until cooked to your liking. Remove. Rest, loosely covered with foil, for 5 minutes.
- Serve pork with puree, rocket leaves and asparagus.
Cutlets can be replaced with pork leg steaks or midloin chops. Puree can be made up to one day ahead.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||16.6 g|
|Total carbohydrates||13.2 g|
|- Sugars||10.8 g|
|Dietary fibre||3.7 g|