Up the steaks with an Indian-style dinner (plus sweet onion rice – delish!) it's ready in just half an hour… what are you waiting for?
- 8 x 100 g lamb leg steaks
- ½ cup korma curry paste
- natural yoghurt, to serve
- steamed green beans, to serve
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 large onions, halved, thinly sliced
- 1 ½ cups basmati rice, rinsed
- 2 ½ cups chicken stock
- ½ cup chopped coriander
- 2 Tbsp mango chutney
- To make rice, heat half the oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add onions. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes, or until very soft.
- Stir in rice. Add stock. Bring to boil. Cover with lid. Simmer, without stirring, for about 15 minutes, or until rice is tender and stock is absorbed. Remove from heat. Stand, covered, for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Stir in coriander and chutney.
- Toss lamb with paste in a bowl.
- Heat remaining oil in a medium, nonstick frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add lamb in two batches. Cook for about 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or until cooked to your liking. Remove. Cover with foil to keep warm
- Serve lamb with rice, yoghurt and beans.
Korma paste can be replaced with any other mild curry paste. Check heat rating on the jar.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||15.8 g|
|Total carbohydrates||90.7 g|
|- Sugars||12.0 g|
|Dietary fibre||4.4 g|