Sirloin steaks are also known as porterhouse or New York steaks – enjoy some American-style deliciousness for a quick weeknight dinner.
- 750 g washed baby red potatoes, quartered
- 200 g broccoli, trimmed, cut into florets
- 150 g sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 4 x 200 g beef sirloin steaks, trimmed
- 1 ½ tsp paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- ⅓ cup bottled French salad dressing
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tsp wholegrain mustard
- ⅓ cup coarsely chopped fresh dill
- Cook potatoes in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water until tender. Drain. Rinse under cold water. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, cook broccoli in a large saucepan of boiling water for about 2 to 3 minutes or until just tender, adding peas in the last minute of cooking. Drain. Rinse under cold water. Drain well.
- Toss beef with paprika and salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Heat an oiled, large, non-stick frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add beef. Cook for about 3 to 4 minutes, on each side for medium, or until cooked to your liking. Remove. Rest, loosely covered with foil, for 5 minutes.
- Combine dressing, mayonnaise and mustard in a large bowl. Whisk until smooth. Add potatoes, broccoli, peas and dill. Toss to coat.
- Serve beef with salad.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||11.7 g|
|Total carbohydrates||26.6 g|
|- Sugars||7.5 g|
|Dietary fibre||4.5 g|