Top these mini, Italian-style bolognese pies with potato for the best dinner you've had in ages!
- 1 kg washed potatoes, peeled, chopped
- 1 cup grated tasty cheese
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 5 frozen puff pastry sheets, thawed
- ½ quantity cold bolognese pasta sauce
- tomato sauce, to serve
- Grease 10 holes of two x 6-hole non-stick Texan muffin pans (3/4-cup capacity).
- Cook potatoes in a large saucepan of boiling water until tender. Drain. Return to pan. Mash until smooth. Stir in cheese and oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cut out two circles, 14cm in diameter, from each pastry sheet. Line prepared pan holes with pastry. Divide bolognese sauce among cases. Top evenly with potato mixture. Rough the tops with a fork.
- Cook in a very hot oven (240C) for about 20 to 25 minutes or until pastry is cooked and tops are golden brown. Remove from oven. Stand in pans for 10 minutes. Remove
- Serve hot pies with tomato sauce.
Cooked pies can be made up to two days ahead. Reheat on an oven tray, lightly covered with foil,
in a moderate oven (180C) for about 15 minutes.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||18.6 g|
|Total carbohydrates||81.4 g|
|- Sugars||1.8 g|
|Dietary fibre||4.0 g|