Try serving this fusion of Mexican and Italian cuisine with steamed rice or warmed flour tortillas!
- 2 corn cobs
- 1 red capsicum, chopped
- 30 g sachet taco seasoning mix
- ½ quantity cold bolognese pasta sauce
- 400 g can canned red kidney beans, rinsed, drained
- ¼ cup adobo sauce
- white corn chips to serve
- sour cream to serve
- chopped avocado, to serve
- fresh coriander to serve
- shredded iceberg lettuce
- Remove husks and silk from corn. Cut corn kernels from cobs.
- Heat an oiled, large frying pan over a medium heat. Add corn and capsicums. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 2 to 3 minutes, or until tender. Add spice mix. Cook, stirring for 1 minute
- Add bolognese sauce, beans and chipotle. Mix well. Bring to boil. Cover with lid. Simmer for about 5 minutes, or until hot.
- Serve with corn chips, sour cream, avocado, coriander and lettuce.
For extra heat, try adding 1 finely chopped green chilli when cooking capsicums. Try serving with steamed rice or warmed flour tortillas.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||1.8 g|
|Total carbohydrates||20.4 g|
|- Sugars||8.5 g|
|Dietary fibre||9.0 g|