Try these adorable little cakes with a curry twist – they're definite crowd pleasers, and they're perfectly lunchbox-sized.
- 1 kg brushed potatoes, peeled, chopped
- 150 g shaved leg ham, torn
- 125 g canned creamed corn
- ¼ cup chopped fresh chives
- 1 tsp mild curry powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- plain flour, for dusting
- vegetable oil, for shallow frying
- fresh coleslaw, to serve
- Boil, steam or microwave potatoes until tender. Drain. Transfer to a large bowl. Coarsely mash. Add ham, corn, chives and curry powder. Season. Mix well.
- Divide into eight equal portions. Shape into patties. Lightly dust with flour, shaking away excess.
- Heat enough oil in a large, deep frying pan, over a medium to high heat, to shallow-fry. Add patties. Shallow-fry for about 3 to 4 minutes each side, or until golden brown. Drain on absorbent kitchen paper.
- Serve with coleslaw (optional).
Try serving with mango chutney. Uncooked patties can be made up to one day ahead. Keep, covered, in the fridge.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||0.4 g|
|Total carbohydrates||30.8 g|
|- Sugars||3.9 g|
|Dietary fibre||5.1 g|