Try this delicious traditional Italian dish – the olive croutons give it a twist you'll find irresistible.
- ½ 300 g Kalamata olive sourdough loaf, finely chopped
- 375 g orecchiette pasta
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 400 g canned cherry tomatoes
- 200 g tub roasted red capsicum, pecorino, cashew and basil dip
- 1 cup sliced canned roasted red capsicum strips
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh parsley, plus extra to garnish
- salt and pepper to taste
- finely grated Parmesan, to serve
- Place bread on an oven tray. Cook in a moderate oven (180C) for about 10 minutes, or until lightly toasted.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in a stockpot of boiling, salted water until tender. Drain, reserving ½ cup cooking liquid. Transfer pasta to a large bowl.
- Heat oil in same stockpot over a medium to high heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 3 minutes, or until soft. Add tomatoes, dip, capsicum strips, parsley, pasta and reserved cooking liquid. Season with salt and pepper. Stir over a low heat for about 5 minutes, or until hot.
- Serve pasta sprinkled with toasted croutons and parmesan. Garnish with extra parsley.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||2.6 g|
|Total carbohydrates||79.9 g|
|- Sugars||10.0 g|
|Dietary fibre||5.2 g|