This stress-free tiramisu will have you relaxing with friends on the day of your next party…
- 600 ml tub thickened cream
- ½ cup icing sugar mixture
- 2 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 2 x 250 g tubs mascarpone
- ⅓ cup instant coffee granules
- ⅓ cup boiling water
- ⅓ cup chocolate-coffee-flavoured liqueur
- 2 x 250 g packets sponge fingers
- sliced fresh strawberries, to serve
Salted caramel sauce
- 1.5 cups caster sugar
- ¾ cups water
- 1 ¾ cups pure cream
- ½ tsp table salt
- To make sauce, combine sugar and water in a medium saucepan. Stir over a low heat until sugar is dissolved. Bring to boil. Gently boil, without stirring, for about 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
Immediately remove from heat.
Carefully add cream.
- Return pan to a medium heat. Stir occasionally for about 10 minutes, or until slightly thickened. Stir in salt. Pour into a heatproof jug. Refrigerate until cold. Makes about two cups.
- Meanwhile, beat cream, sugar and vanilla in a small bowl of an electric mixer until firm peaks form. Fold in mascarpone until smooth
- Dissolve coffee in boiling water in shallow dish. Stir in liqueur and 2/3 cup cold water.
- To assemble, reserve 1 cup caramel sauce. Refrigerate.
- One at a time, dip half the biscuits into the coffee mixture for about 5 seconds. Arrange over base of a large, rectangular serving dish (14-cup capacity). Drizzle over ½ cup of the remaining sauce. Top with half the cream mixture. Repeat layering with remaining biscuits, coffee mixture, sauce and cream mixture. Cover. Refrigerate for at least 6 hours, or overnight
- Top tiramisu with strawberries. Drizzle over reserved sauce, or serve separately
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||39.4 g|
|Total carbohydrates||78.3 g|
|- Sugars||41.3 g|
|Dietary fibre||0.5 g|