Don't go pasta this recipe – with creamy sauce & delicious mustard, you'll come back to it again – especially as it only takes 16 minutes!
- 375 g linguine
- 200 g shortcut bacon, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 250 g tub extra light cream cheese
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 chicken stock cube, crumbled
- 100 g fresh baby spinach leaves
- ½ cup finely grated Parmesan
- cracked black pepper, to serve
- Cook pasta in a stockpot of boiling salted water until tender. Drain, reserving 1½ cups of the cooking liquid. Return pasta to pot with ½ cup of reserved cooking liquid. Cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, heat an oiled, large, non-stick frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add bacon. Cook, stirring occasionally, until golden. Add garlic. Cook, stirring for 30 seconds. Stir in remaining cooking liquid.
- Add cream cheese, mustard and stock cube. Stir over a medium heat until cheese is melted.
- Add to pasta with spinach and half the parmesan. Stir over high heat until hot.
- Serve, sprinkled with remaining parmesan and pepper.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||7.7 g|
|Total carbohydrates||74.0 g|
|- Sugars||5.8 g|
|Dietary fibre||3.5 g|