This moreish slaw has a sweetness thanks to julienned Granny Smith apple, and toasted pine nuts add a welcome crunch…
- 150 g broccoli, stems trimmed, very finely chopped
- 750 g white cabbage, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 100 g thinly sliced silverbeet
- 1 large Granny Smith apple, julienned
- ⅓ cup thinly sliced chives
- ⅓ cup toasted pine nuts
- dried chilli flakes, to serve
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 2 Tbsp whole-egg mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp prepared horseradish
- salt and cracked pepper to season
- To make dressing, whisk buttermilk, mayonnaise, vinegar, lemon juice, horseradish and salt and pepper in a small bowl until smooth.
- Place broccoli, cabbage, silverbeet, apple and chives in a large bowl and toss until combined. Cover and refrigerate until ready to toss with dressing to serve. (Squeeze some extra lemon juice over apple before adding to salad, to prevent it from browning if you’re not tossing it with dressing immediately).
- Add pine nuts and dressing to slaw and toss until combined. Transfer to a serving dish. Serve sprinkled with chilli flakes
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||1.3 g|
|Total carbohydrates||10.0 g|
|- Sugars||5.5 g|
|Dietary fibre||4.2 g|