You can make this delish salad with ingredients already in your pantry and fridge! It's a winning side for the family
- 400 g chat potatoes
- 200 g packet streaky bacon rashers, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus, trimmed, halved
- 6 boiled free-range eggs, peeled, halved
- 1 baby cos lettuce, base trimmed, leaves separated, large leaves torn
- 2 Tbsp Dijonnaise
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped fresh chives
- ¼ cup water
- salt and pepper to taste
- Boil, steam or microwave potatoes until tender. Drain. Cool slightly. Thickly slice and place in a large bowl.
- To make dressing, combine all ingredients in a jug.
- Meanwhile, heat an oiled, medium, non-stick frying pan over a high heat. Add bacon. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 2 to 3 minutes, or until crisp. Drain on absorbent kitchen paper.
- Add asparagus to same pan over a medium heat. Cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Add 2 tblsps water. Cook, stirring for a further 30 seconds, or until just tender.
- Add asparagus and bacon to potatoes with half the dressing. Toss gently to coat
- To serve, arrange lettuce on a serving platter. Top with potato mixture and eggs. Drizzle with remaining dressing. Garnish with extra chives and pepper
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||11.4 g|
|Total carbohydrates||14.0 g|
|- Sugars||3.1 g|
|Dietary fibre||3.1 g|