What's everyone's favourite afternoon tea? Cookie - d'ough! These are delicious, pretty-in-pink treats for any occasion!
- 450 g refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough, chopped, room temperature
- hundreds and thousands, to decorate
- 1 Tbsp powdered gelatine
- ⅔ cup water
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 tsp strawberry flavouring
- pink food colouring, to tint
- Grease an 18cm x 28cm rectangular slice pan. Line base and sides with baking paper, extending paper 3cm above pan edges.
- Place dough in prepared pan. Using your fingertips, press to cover base.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180C) for about 20 to 25 minutes, or until firm to touch. Remove. Cool base in pan.
- To make marshmallow topping, sprinkle gelatine over 1/3 cup of the water in a small heatproof jug. Sit jug in a saucepan of simmering water. Stir until the gelatine is dissolved. Remove jug from pan.
- Place sugar and remaining water in large bowl of an electric mixer. Beat on high speed for 4 minutes. With the motor operating, gradually add gelatine mixture in a thin, steady stream. Beat for a further 8 minutes, or until thick and fluffy. Beat in flavouring and food colouring to tint pink.
- Quickly spread topping over biscuit base. Sprinkle with hundreds and thousands. Stand at room temperature to set.
- Lift slice from pan. Cut into bars using a sharp knife dipped in hot water between cuts.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||2.2 g|
|Total carbohydrates||26.5 g|
|- Sugars||21.1 g|
|Dietary fibre||0.4 g|