Cheesecake is one of our all-time favourite desserts and while there is nothing wrong with a no-bake chilled cheesecake, this baked version is all kinds of delicious perfection.
- 250 g Nice biscuits
- 150 g butter, melted
- 500 g cream cheese, softened, room temperature
- ¾ cup caster sugar
- 3 tsp finely grated lemon rind, plus ¼ cup lemon juice
- 3 eggs
- Preheat your oven to 160°C fan-forced.
- Line the base and sides of a 20cm round springform tin with baking paper.
- Crush the biscuits in a food processor (or use the end of a rolling pin) until they are finely crushed. Add the melted butter and mix to combine.
- Press the mixture over the base of the springform tin using the back of a metal spoon. Pop into the fridge to chill for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add the softened cream cheese, sugar and lemon rind to the bowl of an electric mixer and beat on a high speed until smooth.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add the lemon juice and beat for another 2 minutes.
- Pour the mixture into the springform tin and bake in the oven for 50 minutes – don’t worry if it’s still a little wobbly in the centre, it will firm up
- Cool your cheesecake in the oven with the door slightly ajar until the oven has completely cooled. Transfer to the fridge for 4 hours (preferably overnight) or until chilled.
- Cut into slices and enjoy!
Make sure your cream cheese is at room temperature as this will help it mix with the other ingredients easier and it will also avoid lumps in your cheesecake.
Don’t be tempted to take the cheesecake out of the oven too soon, as letting it cool in the oven prevents the middle of the cheesecake from sinking.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||22.4 g|
|Total carbohydrates||21.5 g|
|- Sugars||20.8 g|
|Dietary fibre||0.0 g|