Cheat your way to a breezy dinnertime with pre-cut meat and veg, and store-bought noodles – nobody will know.
- 440 g wok noodles
- 2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 500 g beef stir-fry strips (or chicken or pork)
- 2 Tbsp cornflour
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp finely diced fresh ginger
- 250 g frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 green shallot, thinly sliced
- fresh long red chilli, thinly sliced, to serve
- micro herbs to garnish
- Put noodles in a bowl and pour boiling water over the top. Stir gently to separate then drain well.
- Combine bicarb and 2 teaspoons of water in a large bowl. Add meat of choice and toss to coat. Set aside for 10 minutes. Rinse well under cold water and pat dry
- Put meat in a large bowl, sprinkle with cornflour, toss to coat
- Heat a wok over a high heat until just starting to smoke. Pour in 1 tablespoon of the oil and half the meat. Stir-fry for 2 minutes or until almost cooked through. Set aside on a plate. Repeat with another 1 tablespoon of the remaining oil and remaining meat. Set aside.
- Pour remaining oil into wok. Add onion and ginger, and stir-fry for 1 minute. Add noodles and vegies. Stir-fry for 2 minutes or until just cooked through.
- Return meat to wok. Add garlic, soy and sesame oil. Stir to combine then add shallots and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Serve garnished with chilli and micro herbs.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||5.6 g|
|Total carbohydrates||90.4 g|
|- Sugars||3.9 g|
|Dietary fibre||7.1 g|