Cinnamon is the star of spices, adding fragrant flavour to dishes both sweet and savoury…
- 125 g unsalted butter
- ½ cup honey
- 2 tsp natural vanilla extract
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- pinch sea salt flakes
- 2 cups natural Swiss-style muesli
- ½ cup wholemeal self-raising flour
- 2 free-range egg yolks
- 1 free-range egg
- ½ cup pecans, chopped
- melted white chocolate, to drizzle (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180°C fanforced (200°C conventional). Line 2 oven trays with baking paper
- Heat butter and honey in a small saucepan over a low heat until just melted. Transfer to a large bowl. Stir in vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Add muesli, flour, egg yolks, egg and pecans. Stir well to combine.
- Evenly spoon mixture onto prepared trays to make 16 rounds, leaving a little room between each for spreading. Flatten slightly. Bake for 15–18 minutes or until lightly browned. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Drizzle cookies with melted chocolate, if using, and set aside for 5 minutes for chocolate to set. Serve or store in an airtight container.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||9.8 g|
|Total carbohydrates||61.2 g|
|- Sugars||28.7 g|
|Dietary fibre||1.0 g|