Impress with a cafe-style salad that'll add flavour and colour to your meal!
- 6 Dutch carrots, peeled, trimmed
- 6 baby purple carrots, peeled, trimmed, halved
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tsp fennel seeds
- sea salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper to season
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 ½ Tbsp currants
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced into rings
- 2 Tbsp harissa spice blend
- 4 sprigs tarragon
- 120 g goat's curd
- Preheat oven to 180°C fan-forced (200°C conventional). Put all carrots in a large roasting pan. Drizzle over oil and toss. Scatter over fennel seeds, season and toss to coat. Pour 150ml of water around carrots, cover with foil and roast for 20 minutes. Remove foil and roast for a further 20 minutes or until carrots are tender and water has evaporated.
- Meanwhile, put vinegar and currants in a small saucepan over a high heat. Simmer for 1 minute. Stir in extra oil. Set aside for 5 minutes or until currants plump up. Put onion in a bowl, cover with water and soak for 5 minutes or until just softened. Drain. Set aside.
- Smear harissa over a serving platter. Top with carrots, onion and tarragon. Scatter with currants. Serve topped with dollops of goat’s curd and extra harissa on the side, if desired.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||3.6 g|
|Total carbohydrates||7.3 g|
|- Sugars||4.1 g|
|Dietary fibre||2.1 g|