The combo of kecap manis (an Indonesian sweet soy sauce), lime juice and rice wine vinegar gives this quick, fresh meal a sticky, zingy hit. Sounds totally delicious!
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 500 g peeled green prawns, tails intact
- 2 red onions, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch broccolini, cut into 3cm pieces
- 1 small red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 100 g sugar snap peas, trimmed
- ½ cup roasted cashew nuts, to serve
- Thai basil, to garnish
- baby cucumbers, diagonally sliced, to serve
- steamed rice, to serve
Stir fry sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, finely grated
- ½ fresh long red chilli, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp kecap manis
- 2 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 2 tsp cornflour
- Combine stir-fry sauce ingredients with 2 tablespoons of water in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Heat a wok over a high heat. Add 2 teaspoons of the oil and heat until surface shimmers slightly. Add prawns and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Set aside in a bowl.
- Heat remaining oil in wok. Add onion, broccolini, capsicum and sugar snap peas. Stir-fry for 2 minutes. Return prawns to wok with stir-fry sauce and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until heated through. Stir in cashews.
- Scatter with basil and extra cashews and serve with cucumbers and rice
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||3.1 g|
|Total carbohydrates||45.3 g|
|- Sugars||12.0 g|
|Dietary fibre||3.3 g|