A light tomato broth with steamed sausages makes this seafood dish ideal for summer entertaining. You'll be coco-nuts for this combination of flavours!
- 600 g medium green prawns, peeled, deveined
- 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- sea salt flakes and pepper to season
- 2 free-range egg yolks
- 1 Tbsp double cream
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 500 ml fish stock
- 4 tomatoes, diced
- 12 basil leaves
- ½ tsp fennel seeds
- 2 fresh long red chillies, deseeded, finely diced
- 2 dill sprigs, leaves picked
- ginger, peeled, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp coconut flakes
- 2 Tbsp fried shallots
- Combine prawns, garlic and ½ a teaspoon of salt in a mortar then pound until a paste forms. Add egg yolks, cream, fish sauce and a pinch of white pepper. Stir well to combine.
- Cut twelve 20cm squares of plastic wrap. Spoon 1 tablespoon of prawn mixture onto each square, then roll up to make sausage shapes. Tie one end, then twist from other end to tighten. Tie and secure.
- Put prawn sausages into a steamer basket over a pan of simmering water. Steam for 8 minutes or until just firm.
- Meanwhile, combine stock, tomato, basil and fennel seeds in a medium saucepan. Heat over a medium heat. Simmer for 5 minutes. Crush tomato mixture with back of a spoon, then strain through a fine sieve into another bowl. Discard solids. Season broth with salt.
- Ladle tomato broth into shallow serving bowls. Unwrap prawn sausages and divide between the bowls of broth.
- Combine chilli, dill, ginger, coconut and fried shallots. Scatter over broth to serve.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||4.8 g|
|Total carbohydrates||7.2 g|
|- Sugars||4.7 g|
|Dietary fibre||2.7 g|