This budget-busting pasta is perfect for casual entertaining, or serve as a side dish or light lunch. You'll love this creamy dish with a glass of wine… yum!
- 375 g casarecce pasta
- ¾ cup pecans
- 2 cup shredded roasted chicken breast
- 4 green spring onions, sliced
- 1 cup coarsely chopped fresh parsley
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup light sour cream
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp finely grated fresh lemon rind
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water until tender, then drain. Rinse the pasta under cold water, then drain well again. Transfer pasta to a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, spread pecans over an oven tray.
- Cook pecans in a moderate oven (180C) for about 5–7 minutes, or until toasted. Cool, then coarsely chop
- To make dressing, place all the ingredients in a jug then whisk until they are combined.
- Add pecans, chicken, onions and parsley to pasta with dressing. Toss the ingredients to combine.
- Serve the salad garnished with a little extra parsley.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||4.5 g|
|Total carbohydrates||47.6 g|
|- Sugars||3.7 g|
|Dietary fibre||4.0 g|