Say "I'll bring dessert!" and make it shine with the trusted ingredient that gets results. Make sweetened condensed milk the hero of this caramel creation.
- 2 x 395 g can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup plain flour
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- 125 g butter, melted, plus 100g extra
- ⅓ cup golden syrup
- 200 g dark chocolate, melted
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- Preheat oven 180°C/160°C fan forced and grease an 18cm x 28cm slice pan. Line base and sides with baking paper.
- Combine flour, sugar and coconut in a bowl then add the butter and mix well. Press the mixture into your prepared pan and bake for 15-20 minutes until lightly browned, then cool on the bench.
- Combine the butter, sweetened condensed milk and golden syrup in a medium saucepan and stir over low heat until smooth, then pour into the base. Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown, then cool in the fridge for 10 minutes or until it is solid to touch.
- Meanwhile combine the melted dark chocolate and oil and stir until smooth, then pour evenly over cooled slice. Refrigerate until completely set before un-moulding and slicing into pieces.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||13.6 g|
|Total carbohydrates||79.6 g|
|- Sugars||68.7 g|
|Dietary fibre||2.4 g|