Kids will go crazy over these yummy, yet simple toasties! They’re a perfect weekend brekky or afternoon snack.
- 4 slices white sandwich bread
- butter, to spread
- 2 eggs
- 4 Colby cheese slices
- Spread one side of each bread slice with butter.
- Crack eggs into two small bowls
- Heat an oiled, large, nonstick frying pan over a medium heat. Add one egg. Cook for 2 minutes. Place one slice of bread, buttered-side down, in pan next to egg. Top with 2 cheese slices. Cook for 1 minute.
- Using an egg-slide, place egg on top of cheese. Top with another bread slice, buttered side up. Turn over toastie. Cook for a further 1 minute, or until golden brown underneath and cheese is melted. Remove from pan. Repeat with remaining bread, egg and cheese.
- Cut in half to serve.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||11.9 g|
|Total carbohydrates||29.3 g|
|- Sugars||3.5 g|
|Dietary fibre||1.6 g|