This impressive crowd-pleasing dessert is heavenly! Who knew you could use doughnuts for such a fabulous and delicious topping on our favourite post-dinner celebration...
- ½ packet Nice biscuits
- 6 cinnamon donuts
- 100 g unsalted butter, melted
- cinnamon sugar, to decorate
- 300 ml tub thickened cream, whipped
- 500 g cream cheese, chopped, room temperature
- ⅓ cup caster sugar
- 1 Tbsp cornflour
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 600 ml tub thickened cream
- 3 free-range eggs
- ½ cup raspberry jam
- ¼ cup water
- Invert the base of a 24cm round springform pan (base measures 22cm). Grease base and side. Line the base with baking paper.
- Process biscuits until they are finely crushed. Add two of the doughnuts (80g). Process to form fine crumbs. Add butter. Process until combined. Press evenly over base of prepared pan. Refrigerate the pan while preparing the filling.
- To make the filling, process cheese, sugar, cornflour, paste and cinnamon in same, clean food processor until smooth. Add the cream. Process until smooth. Add eggs, one at a time, processing until combined. Pour into pan. Place on an oven tray.
- Cook in a moderately slow oven (160C) for about 50 minutes, or until just set. Filling should still wobble. Turn off oven. Cool completely in oven with door ajar. Refrigerate until cold.
- To make sauce, whisk jam and water in a small saucepan over a low heat until warm and a pouring consistency. Cool to room temperature.
- To decorate, cut remaining doughnuts in half crossways. Place on top of cake. Dust generously with cinnamon sugar. Top with whipped cream. Pour over half the jam sauce, serving remaining jam separately.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||53.0 g|
|Total carbohydrates||43.8 g|
|- Sugars||27.1 g|
|Dietary fibre||0.8 g|