This deliciously simple meal can be whipped up in a flash! It's an oven-free dinner for warm days when you're cooking against the clock.
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 150 g sliced Hungarian salami slices, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 420 g jar cherry tomato and chilli pasta sauce
- 400 g canned crushed tomatoes
- ½ cup drained pitted Kalamata olives
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 375 g packet fresh lasagne sheets
- grated Parmesan, to serve
- Heat an oiled, large, nonstick frying pan over a medium heat. Add onion, salami, garlic and oregano. Cook, stirring occasionally, until soft.
- Stir in the sauce, tomatoes, olives and sugar. Bring to the boil. Cover with lid. Gently boil, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes, or until slightly thickened. Season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, separate lasagne sheets. Tear each sheet lengthways into four pieces. Cook in a stockpot of boiling, salted water for about 5 minutes, or until just tender. Drain.
- Return pasta to stockpot. Add sauce mixture. Stir over a low heat until coated and hot.
- Serve the pasta and sauce with parmesan.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||2.9 g|
|Total carbohydrates||69.4 g|
|- Sugars||13.3 g|
|Dietary fibre||6.3 g|