Go on, treat yourself. Serve this spectacular celebration cake as a dessert or with coffee!
- 300 g unsalted butter, chopped
- 1 cup water
- 300 g white cooking chocolate, chopped
- 1 ½ cups caster sugar
- 2 cups plain flour
- ⅔ cup self-raising flour
- 3 free-range eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup frozen raspberries
- ½ cup frozen blueberries
- fresh raspberries, to decorate
- white chocolate curls, to decorate
- 300 ml tub thickened cream
- 2 Tbsp icing sugar mixture
- 250 g tub mascarpone
- Grease a 24cm round cake pan. Line base and side with baking paper, extending paper 3cm above pan edge
- Combine butter and water in a large saucepan. Stir over a low heat until butter is melted and mixture is hot. Remove from heat. Add chocolate. Stir until melted. Transfer to a large bowl. Cool.
- Add sugar to chocolate mixture. Stir until combined. Add combined sifted flours. Whisk until smooth. Whisk in eggs and vanilla. Fold in frozen berries. Pour into prepared pan.
- Cook in a slow oven (150C) for about 2 hours, or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. (Cover loosely with foil during cooking, if top starts
to over-brown.) Remove from oven. Cool completely in pan.
- To make mascarpone cream, beat cream and sugar in a small bowl of an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Fold in mascarpone.
- Turn out cake onto a cake stand. Spread mascarpone cream over top and side of cake. Decorate with fresh raspberries and white chocolate curls.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||31.2 g|
|Total carbohydrates||67.8 g|
|- Sugars||46.1 g|
|Dietary fibre||1.5 g|