Mayonnaise in chocolate cupcakes? It's something that you've probably never heard of, but it works! This unusual recipe is extra creamy and is guaranteed to be delicious every time!
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 free-range egg
- ⅔ cup water
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 ½ cups self-raising flour
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- sprinkles, to serve
- 150 g cream cheese, chopped, room temperature
- 75 g unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup icing sugar mixture
- 2 Tbsp cocoa powder
- Line a 12-hole muffin pan (1/3- cup capacity) with paper cases.
- Whisk mayonnaise, sugar, egg, water and vanilla in a large bowl until combined. Add combined sifted flour, cocoa and soda. Whisk until smooth. Divide evenly among cases.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180C) for about 20 minutes, or until cooked when tested. Stand in pan 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely
- To make frosting, beat cream cheese and butter in a small bowl of an electric mixer until creamy. Add combined sifted sugar and cocoa. Beat until smooth.
- Spread frosting onto cupcakes. Decorate with sprinkles.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||7.7 g|
|Total carbohydrates||40.9 g|
|- Sugars||28.4 g|
|Dietary fibre||1.5 g|