This chicken dish is a winner, and it's covered in apricot nectar and dried apricots to sweeten your weeknight! We can't believe it takes less than half an hour to have it on the table.
- 750 g chicken thigh fillets, trimmed, cut into 4cm pieces
- 2 Tbsp plain flour
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp Moroccan spice blend
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup apricot nectar
- ½ cup dried apricots
- ½ cup fresh coriander, plus extra to garnish
- steamed couscous, to serve
- Toss chicken in flour seasoned with salt and pepper
- Heat half the oil in a large, deep frying pan over a medium heat. Add chicken in two batches. Cook for about 2 minutes on each side, or until browned all over. Remove.
- Add remaining oil with onion to same hot pan. Cook, stirring occasionally, until soft. Add seasoning. Cook, stirring for 1 minute.
- Return chicken to pan with stock, nectar and apricots. Bring to boil. Cover with lid. Gently boil for 5 minutes. Uncover. Gently boil for a further 5 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and sauce is thickened. Remove from heat. Stir in coriander.
- Serve with couscous. Garnish with extra coriander.
Easy to freeze: prepare the casserole allowing to cook until chicken is tender. Allow to cool and then transfer to a freezer-proof container. Cover and chill completely. Freeze for up to 2 months. Allow to defrost overnight in the refrigerator. Transfer into a heavy based pan and place over a low heat, stir occasionally until the mixture is simmering. Simmer for 5-8 minutes, or until piping hot. Serve as desired.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||4.3 g|
|Total carbohydrates||53.2 g|
|- Sugars||20.0 g|
|Dietary fibre||4.6 g|