This moreish, cafe-style salad will be the perfect side to a weekend lunch or dinner with friends or family. Pumpkin adds a slight sweetness to this filling salad.
- ½ butternut pumpkin, peeled, cut into 2cm pieces
- 2 x 300 g packets nigari hard tofu, cut into 2 cm slices
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- ⅓ cup oriental fried noodle salad dressing
- salt and pepper to taste
- 250 g microwaveable brown basmati and quinoa blend
- 200 g green beans, trimmed, cut in half lengthways
- 1 large avocado, chopped
- 60 g mixed salad leaves
- Toss pumpkin and tofu with oil and 2 tablespoons of the dressing in a large bowl. Spread over two large oven trays lined with baking paper. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook in a very hot oven (220C) for 15 minutes, or until tender
- Meanwhile, heat rice mix according to packet directions. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Cook beans in a large saucepan of boiling water for about 2 to 3 minutes, or until tender. Drain. Rinse under cold water. Drain well.
- To serve, add warm pumpkin and tofu to rice mixture. Toss through beans, avocado, salad leaves and remaining dressing
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||4.7 g|
|Total carbohydrates||36.0 g|
|- Sugars||6.2 g|
|Dietary fibre||8.3 g|