These do-it-yourself burritos make family weeknight dinners stress-free. Everyone can serve themselves, plus the pork is pre-slow cooked. Wonderful!
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tsp taco seasoning mix
- 2 x 250 g packets ready to eat slow-cooked shredded BBQ pork
- ⅓ cup chipotle barbecue sauce
- ½ cup water
- 8 x 20 cm flour tortillas
- coleslaw mix to serve
- jalapeno peppers to serve
- sour cream to serve
- ½ fresh pineapple, peeled, finely chopped
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh coriander
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- lime halves to garnish
- To make salsa, combine pineapple, coriander and juice in a bowl. Mix well. Garnish with lime halves.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Add onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, until soft. Add spice mix. Cook, stirring for 30 seconds. Add pork and combined sauce and water. Cook, stirring, for about 2 to
3 minutes, or until sauce is boiling and mixture is hot. Remove
- Meanwhile, cook tortillas, one at a time, in a medium, non-stick frying pan over medium to high heat for
about 1 minute on each side, or until lightly toasted
- Serve tortillas with pork, pineapple salsa, coleslaw, jalapenos and sour cream.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||1.9 g|
|Total carbohydrates||42.8 g|
|- Sugars||11.3 g|
|Dietary fibre||2.7 g|