Try adding dried chilli flakes to the sauce with garlic to add a spicy kick! This sauce is also delicious when stirred through pasta.
- ½ x 1 kg bag frozen shoestring fries
- 4 x 200 g beef porterhouse steaks
- salt and pepper to taste
- steamed broccolini to serve
Tomato basil sauce
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- ⅓ cup tomato paste
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 vine-ripened truss tomatoes, chopped
- ½ cup fresh basil, torn
- Cook fries according to packet directions. Remove.
- Meanwhile, season beef with salt and pepper.
- Heat an oiled, large chargrill plate over a medium to high heat. Add beef. Cook for about 3 to 4 minutes on each side, or until cooked to your liking. Remove. Rest, loosely covered with foil, for 5 minutes.
- To make sauce, heat oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Add paste and garlic. Cook, stirring for 2 minutes. Add tomatoes. Gently boil, stirring occasionally for about 5 minutes, or until tomatoes are soft. Remove from heat. Stir in basil. Season.
- Spoon sauce over beef. Serve with fries and broccolini.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||13.5 g|
|Total carbohydrates||31.6 g|
|- Sugars||3.6 g|
|Dietary fibre||3.7 g|