Up the steaks with these mustard and pepper creations... they're perfect for a weekend barbie with friends. To top it off, the walnut-tossed salad is a moreish vegie fix!
- 4 x 200 g beef Scotch fillet steaks
- 2 tsp cracked black pepper
- ¼ cup barbecue sauce
- 2 Tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 2 tsp fresh thyme
- 700 g Desiree potatoes, cut into 2cm wedges
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 150 g mixed salad leaves
- 1 large avocado, chopped
- ⅔ cup walnuts, toasted
- ¼ cup French salad dressing
- To make barbecued potatoes, place potatoes in a large, shallow microwave-safe dish with 2 tablespoons of water. Microwave on high power for about 5 to 7 minutes, or until just tender. Remove. Drain. Toss in oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat an oiled, large, barbecue grill plate over medium heat. Add potatoes. Cook, turning occasionally, for about 10 minutes, or until golden. Remove. Cover loosely with foil to keep warm.
- Season both sides of beef with cracked pepper
- Heat same oiled, barbecue grill plate over a high heat. Add beef. Cook for 1 minute on each side. Transfer to a disposable medium foil tray (26cm x 32cm x 4cm). Pour over combined sauce, mustard and thyme. Turn to coat. Reduce heat to medium.
- Place tray on grill plate. Cook, turning beef occasionally in sauce for a further 5 minutes, or until cooked to your liking. Remove tray. Cover lightly with foil. Rest for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make salad. Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Toss to combine.
- Serve beef with potatoes and salad.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||17.1 g|
|Total carbohydrates||29.6 g|
|- Sugars||10.7 g|
|Dietary fibre||7.5 g|