This allergy-free treat is perfect for an afternoon snack, school lunch box filler, or dessert! You could even whip them up for brunch or breakfast. That's what we call versatile!
- 3 free-range eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cup gluten-free self-raising flour
- ⅓ cup coconut flour
- ½ tsp gluten-free baking powder
- 2 Tbsp caster sugar
- 50 g unsalted butter, melted
- cooking oil spray
- sliced banana
- fresh strawberries
- pure maple syrup
- Whisk eggs, milk and vanilla in a large jug until combined.
- Sift flours and baking powder into a large bowl. Stir in sugar. Make a well in centre. Add egg mixture and butter. Whisk until smooth.
- Spray a large, non-stick frying pan with cooking oil. Place over a medium to low heat until hot. Pour ¼-cup of pancake mixture into pan. Gently spread to a 10cm round. Repeat once more
- Cook for about 2 to 3 minutes, or until bubbles appear on the surface. Turn over. Cook for a further 2 minutes, or until golden underneath. Remove. Cover to keep warm. Repeat process to make 10 pancakes in total.
- Serve pancakes with banana, strawberries and maple syrup.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||9.4 g|
|Total carbohydrates||38.7 g|
|- Sugars||14.8 g|
|Dietary fibre||4.3 g|