A delicious, dairy-free slice that's perfect for afternoon entertaining. It's temptingly easy, meaning you can whip them up in no time and have them on the table for unexpected guests.
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1 ¼ cups brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- 150 g dairy-free margarine
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup plain organic soy milk
- 1 free-range egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- icing sugar mixture
- Grease a 19cm x 30cm lamington pan. Line the base and sides with baking paper, extending the paper 2cm above the pan edges
- Process flours, sugar, nutmeg, margarine and vanilla in a food processor until fine crumbs form. Press half the mixture firmly over base of prepared pan.
- Combine remaining mixture with milk and egg in a large bowl. Mix well. Pour over base. Scatter walnuts and frozen blueberries over top.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180C) for about 30 minutes, or until browned and firm to touch. Remove from oven. Cool completely in pan.
- Lift slice out of pan. Dust with sifted icing sugar. Cut into squares.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||1.5 g|
|Total carbohydrates||20.6 g|
|- Sugars||12.5 g|
|Dietary fibre||0.7 g|