Nut-free and fruity, these bars are delicious, magical muesli goodness that can be popped in kids lunches with no allergy worries!
- 125 g unsalted butter, chopped
- ⅓ cup raw sugar
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 ½ cups quick oats
- 1 cup puffed rice
- ¾ cup diced dried apricots
- ½ cup sultanas
- ⅓ cup desiccated coconut
- ¼ cup plain flour
- ¼ cup pepitas
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- Grease an 18cm x 28cm rectangular slice pan. Line base and sides with baking paper, extending paper 2cm above pan edges.
- Place butter, sugar and honey in a small saucepan over a medium heat. Stir until butter is melted and sugar is dissolved. Bring to boil. Remove from heat. Cool for a further 5 minutes
- Combine remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Add butter mixture. Stir until well combined. Using clean hands, firmly press mixture over base of prepared pan.
- Cook in a moderately slow oven (160C) for about 25 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from oven. Cool completely in pan.
- Lift slice out of pan. Cut into bars.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||6.9 g|
|Total carbohydrates||33.0 g|
|- Sugars||20.8 g|
|Dietary fibre||2.8 g|