These party starters are a relaxed way to entertain friends!
- 1 ½ cups wholemeal plain flour, plus extra for dusting
- 1 tsp fennel seeds, lightly crushed
- 2 Tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 tsp poppy seeds
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup warm water
- ¼ cup olive oil
- cooking oil spray
- quince paste, to serve
- cheddar cheese slices, to serve
- Line three large oven trays with baking paper.
- Place flour in a large bowl. Stir in seeds and salt. Make a well in the centre. Add water and olive oil. Stir until well combined.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured surface. Bring mixture together with your hands. Knead to form a dough. Shape into a log. Cut into six equal portions.
- Shape each portion into a ball. Place on a tray. Spray with oil. Cover with plastic wrap. Stand for 20 minutes.
- One at a time, roll out portions on a lightly floured surface, dusting with extra flour as necessary, into a 15cm x 30cm oval shape. Arrange on prepared trays.
- Cook two trays in a moderate oven (180C), swapping trays halfway through, for about 15 minutes, or until golden and crisp. Remove. Cool on trays. Repeat with remaining tray. Break into large pieces.
- Serve crackers with quince paste and cheese on a platter.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||2.1 g|
|Total carbohydrates||15.4 g|
|- Sugars||0.1 g|
|Dietary fibre||3.2 g|