You can use an airtight container instead of a heatproof jar for these delicious vegies. Pickled vegetables can be made up to one week ahead. Store in the fridge!
- 6 carrots, peeled
- 1 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 cup water
- ⅓ cup caster sugar
- 2 tsp yellow mustard seeds
- 2 tsp black peppercorns
- 1 large Lebanese cucumber, thinly sliced
- 4 fresh thyme sprigs
- Cut carrots into 10cm-long batons.
- Cook carrots in a large saucepan of boiling water for about 2 minutes, or until just tender. Drain. Rinse under cold water. Drain well.
- Combine vinegar, water, sugar, mustard seeds and peppercorns in a medium saucepan over a medium heat. Stir until sugar is dissolved. Bring to boil. Boil for 2 minutes. Remove
- Place carrots, cucumber and thyme in a heatproof jar (4-cup capacity). Pour over hot liquid. Seal with lid. Refrigerate until cold.
- To serve, use tongs to transfer carrots and cucumber as required, to a platter.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||0.1 g|
|Total carbohydrates||16.6 g|
|- Sugars||14.4 g|
|Dietary fibre||2.2 g|