The perfect make-ahead treat that everyone will enjoy – serve this up for Christmas dessert and you'll be the queen or king of the day!
- 340 g packet butter cake mix
- 2 litres tub vanilla ice-cream
- 3 x 55 g chocolate-covered Turkish delight, cut into 1cm pieces
- 125 g punnet fresh raspberries, coarsely mashed
- ⅓ cup slivered almonds, toasted
- ¼ tsp rosewater
- 300 ml tub thickened cream, whipped
- extra chopped Turkish delight, to decorate
- extra fresh raspberries, to decorate
- Grease two 19cm x 30cm lamington pans. Line base and sides with baking paper, extending paper 2cm above edges of pan.
- Prepare cake mix according to packet directions. Divide evenly between pans. Smooth over tops.
- Cook in a moderately slow oven (160C) for about 12 to 14 minutes, or until cooked. Remove from oven. Stand in pans for 10 minutes. Turn out onto wire racks to cool.
- Cut one cake in half crossways. Reserve one half for the top. Cut remaining half into three even strips. With one long side of remaining whole cake facing you, cut into six even strips.
- Grease and line a pudding steamer (eight-cup capacity) with a double layer of plastic wrap, allowing wrap to overhang edge by 10cm. Line steamer with cake strips, trimming to fit.
- Place ice-cream in a large bowl. Stand at room temperature until slightly softened. Beat with a wooden spoon until smooth. Stir in Turkish delight, raspberries, almonds and essence. Spoon into steamer. Cover with reserved cake, trimming to fit. Cover with excess plastic wrap. Freeze overnight.
- To serve, invert bombe onto a serving plate. Cover with cream. Decorate with extra Turkish delight and raspberries.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||29.2 g|
|Total carbohydrates||110.9 g|
|- Sugars||85.9 g|
|Dietary fibre||4.1 g|