You can also use lamb or beef sausages in this easy-to-make pasta that's fabulously strewn with grape tomatoes, basil leaves, and covered in cheese and basil.
- 375 g casarecce pasta
- 450 g Cumberland pork sausage meat
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 200 g punnet grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ¼ tsp dried chilli flakes
- 1 cup firmly packed basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- finely grated Parmesan, to serve
- extra virgin olive oil, to serve
- Cook pasta in a stockpot of boiling, salted water until tender.
- Meanwhile, remove sausages from casings by trimming one end and squeezing out meat. Discard casings. Cut meat into 3cm pieces.
- Heat oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over medium to high heat. Add sausage meat. Cook, stirring occasionally for about 2 minutes, or until cooked through. Add tomatoes, garlic and chilli. Cook, stirring for about 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Drain pasta, reserving 1/3 cup of the cooking water. Return pasta to stockpot. Add sausage mixture with reserved cooking water and basil. Stir until combined. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve pasta with parmesan. Drizzle with oil.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||10.6 g|
|Total carbohydrates||70.8 g|
|- Sugars||6.5 g|
|Dietary fibre||4.7 g|