Give nachos the flick! This easy bean-filled cob loaf will easily feed the masses. If you're looking for a cob recipe, this one will definitely impress.
- 1 large crusty cob loaf
- olive oil spray
- 30 g sachet taco seasoning mix
- 2 x 435 g can canned refried beans
- 300 g jar mild salsa
- 230 g packet lime and chilli flavoured tortilla chips
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- 200 g tub avocado dip
- 1 medium tomato, roughly chopped
- ⅓ cup sprigs coriander, to garnish
- lime cut into wedges, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Cut cob loaf in half horizontally. Take the top half and cut into two pieces, cut each of the pieces into long strips – scissors are ideal for this step.
- Place bread strips into a single layer on a baking tray and spray with olive oil. Sprinkle with 2 tsp taco spice mix, turn and repeat on the other side. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until crispy. Allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, remove the soft bread centre of the cob loaf base, leaving a 1-2cm border inside the crust to make a case. (You can reserve the soft bread for making breadcrumbs if you like.) Place the cob case onto a second baking tray, spray with oil and bake for 12-15 minutes or until crispy.
- Place the refried beans, salsa, remaining taco spice mix and 1/4 cup water in a saucepan over low heat and stir until mixture is smooth and simmering. Spoon into the cob loaf.
- Place onto a serving patter and surround with taco-flavoured bread strips and tortilla triangles.
- Top with sour cream, avocado dip and chopped tomato. Season with black pepper. Garnish with coriander sprigs and serve with lime wedges, if desired.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||5.6 g|
|Total carbohydrates||60.1 g|
|- Sugars||7.7 g|
|Dietary fibre||11.9 g|