Stuffed with cheese and bacon, this crisp cob is almost a meal on its own. Spice it up with a few chopped jalapeños or a dash of Tabasco.
- 1 large crusty cob loaf
- 250 g cream cheese, room temperature
- 150 g bacon rashers, trimmed, chopped
- ¾ cup grated tasty cheese
- 2 Tbsp fresh rosemary
- Preheat oven to 210°C (200°C fan-forced). Using a sharp bread knife, make deep cuts into the cob loaf, cutting almost through to the base. Turn the cob and cut again in the opposite direction to make a criss-cross pattern.
- Beat cream cheese until softened, then add bacon and tasty cheese. Chop half the rosemary and stir into the mixture to combine. Season with freshly ground black pepper. Spread the mixture into the cuts in the cob loaf.
- Push the remaining rosemary sprigs into the cheese mixture. Wrap the cob in foil and place onto a baking tray. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake for a further 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted and cob loaf is crispy. Serve hot.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||11.5 g|
|Total carbohydrates||28.1 g|
|- Sugars||4.4 g|
|Dietary fibre||2.4 g|