A classic chicken recipe that deserves its place back on your dinner table. This chook will prove unbeatable for a fancy-but-simple meal!
- 4 chicken breast fillets
- 8 rashers rindless streaky bacon
- 120 g tasty cheese, cut into 4 logs
- 1 ½ tsp celery salt
- 1 cup plain flour
- 2 free-range eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 cups dried multigrain breadcrumbs
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups green beans, trimmed
- tomato relish, to serve
- chopped micro herbs
- lemon cut into wedges to serve
- Slice each chicken fillet in half horizontally, leaving 1 edge intact so fillet opens flat. Working with 1 breast at a time, place between 2 sheets of plastic wrap and pound gently with a meat mallet to flatten slightly. Lay 2 rashers of bacon on a flat surface, overlapping slightly. Top with a cheese log and wrap bacon around cheese to enclose. Repeat with remaining cheese and bacon. Place each cheese log along centre of each breast, then fold over ends and roll into a log shape.
- Season chicken logs with celery salt. Coat with flour, shaking off excess. Whisk eggs and milk
in a shallow bowl. Put breadcrumbs in another shallow bowl. Dip chicken logs in egg mixture, then coat generously with breadcrumbs. Place on a tray and refrigerate for 10 minutes or until firm.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Cook chicken logs for 15-20 minutes, turning regularly, until golden and cooked through. Drain on paper towel. Fry green beans in the oil for 1 minute or until tender. Drain on paper towel.
- Slice chicken logs thickly. Serve with beans, tomato relish, mixed herbs and lemon wedges.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||15.0 g|
|Total carbohydrates||50.2 g|
|- Sugars||8.3 g|
|Dietary fibre||6.7 g|