A picnic treat that can be made ahead of time and cooked in a kitchen or on any kind of barbecue with a flat plate.
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 2 free-range eggs
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- 2 cups sweet potatoes, coarsely grated
- 1 medium zucchini, coarsely grated
- 200 g sliced thin mild sopressa salami slice, cut into thins
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ bunch mint
- 2 sprigs rosemary, finely chopped
- sea salt flakes and black pepper to season
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- aioli to serve
- pesto to serve
- micro herbs, to garnish
- Combine the flour, eggs and buttermilk in a medium bowl and whisk until smooth. In a large
bowl mix together the sweet potato, zucchini, salami, garlic and herbs. Season generously. Add the egg mixture and stir until just combined.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Cook heaped tablespoons of fritter mix,
in batches, for 2 minutes on each side or until they are golden and set. Drain on paper towel. Top with aioli and pesto and then serve garnished with the micro herbs.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||4.2 g|
|Total carbohydrates||18.5 g|
|- Sugars||3.0 g|
|Dietary fibre||1.7 g|