If you love a good ol' Christmas fruitcake, get ready to take your love to the next level with these fruit mince brownies... they're brownies for the holiday season!
- 150 g unsalted butter, chopped
- 2 x 200 g blocks dark cooking chocolate, chopped
- ¾ cup jarred fruit mince
- 3 free-range eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 cup plain flour
- cocoa powder, to decorate
- Grease an 18cm x 28cm rectangular slice pan. Line base and sides with baking paper, extending 3cm above pan edges.
- Place butter and 250g of the chocolate in a medium, heatproof bowl. Sit bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Stir until smooth. Remove bowl from heat. Stir in fruit mince. Cool slightly.
- Beat eggs and sugar in a small bowl of electric mixer for about 2 minutes, or until thick and pale. Add chocolate mixture, flour and remaining chopped chocolate. Fold to combine. Pour into prepared pan. Smooth over top.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180C) for about 35 minutes, or until slightly risen and a crust forms on top. Mixture will still be soft in the centre. Remove from oven. Cool in pan. Refrigerate for about 2 hours, or until firm.
- Lift out brownie onto a chopping board. Cut into 12 squares. Dust with sifted cocoa.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||14.4 g|
|Total carbohydrates||49.5 g|
|- Sugars||38.7 g|
|Dietary fibre||3.1 g|