This moreish gravy is a special recipe that can be made up to two days ahead. Serve it on pork, lamb, or roast beef for a delicious experience everyone will enjoy.
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 Tbsp fresh thyme
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 2 cups beef stock
- ¼ cup traditional gravy powder
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 2 Tbsp quince paste
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Add onion, garlic and thyme. Cook, stirring occasionally for about 3 minutes, or until soft.
- Stir in wine, stock, gravy powder, vinegar and mustard until blended. Bring to boil, Gently boil, stirring occasionally, for about 15 minutes, or until thickened.
- Add paste. Stir until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer hot gravy to a jug. Serve.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||1.0 g|
|Total carbohydrates||9.3 g|
|- Sugars||5.6 g|
|Dietary fibre||0.5 g|