Great food that really is good for you. That's the best menu plan ever. This deliciously easy curry makes all that and more happen.
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- pinch chilli powder
- 500 g pork fillet, trimmed of excess fat, chopped
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 brown onions, sliced
- 6cm piece ginger, cut into fine batons
- 8 cloves garlic, crushed
- 12 fresh curry leaves
- 125 ml salt-reduced chicken stock or gluten-free chicken stock
- 125 ml canned light coconut milk
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1 cup diced pineapple
- 75 g roasted unsalted cashew nuts, finely chopped
- 1 cup snow peas, trimmed, halved
- 1 cup green peas
- 160 g brown basmati rice, cooked, to serve
- bean sprouts, to serve
- coriander, to serve
- shallots, sliced, to serve
- lime, cut into wedges, to serve
- Combine the spices in a large bowl. Add the pork fillet and mix well. Heat the oil in large saucepan over a medium heat. Add the onion, ginger, garlic and curry leaves. Cook, stirring often, for 3 minutes. Add the pork and continue to cook for 3 minutes or until pork changes colour.
- Add the stock, coconut milk and fish sauce to the pan and bring to a simmer. Add the pineapple and cashews and simmer, partially covered, for 20 minutes, until sauce thickens slightly and pork is cooked.
- Add snow peas and green peas to the pan and cook for 2 minutes. Divide rice and curry between bowls. Serve topped with bean sprouts, coriander and shallots, and a lime wedge, if you like.
NUTRITION INFO PER SERVE 2250kJ, protein 41g, total fat 17.1g (sat. fat 4.8g), carbs 50g, fibre 10g, sodium 285mg • Carb exchanges 3½ • GI estimate low • Gluten-free option
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||5.8 g|
|Total carbohydrates||51.9 g|
|- Sugars||9.5 g|
|Dietary fibre||6.7 g|