Snap up these delish fish individual portions with a flaky pastry coating. You'll love them!
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 large red onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 2 parsnips, chopped
- 2 carrots, diagonally sliced
- 2 celery sticks, diagonally sliced
- 2 Carisma potatoes, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 60 ml water
- 40 g wholemeal plain flour
- 560 ml low-fat milk
- 60 g reduced-fat grated cheese
- 2 tsp wholegrain mustard
- finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- freshly ground black pepper
- 600 g boneless skinless snapper fillets, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 6 filo pastry sheets
- olive oil spray
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium. Add the onion, parsnips, carrots, celery, potatoes and garlic. Cook, stirring often, for 4 minutes. Add water, cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until vegetables are just tender
- Add flour to the pan and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Remove pan from the heat and gradually stir in milk. Return to the heat and cook, stirring, until sauce thickens and comes to a simmer. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in cheese, mustard, lemon zest and pepper. Stir in the fish. Divide mixture between 4 x 500ml (2-cup) ovenproof dishes. Set aside for 30 minutes to cool slightly.
- Preheat oven to 180°C (fan-forced). Lay out 1 piece of filo pastry on a clean surface. Spray with cooking spray, then cut crossways into about 8 strips. Scrunch up pieces and arrange on top of 1 pie. Repeat spraying, cutting and scrunching remaining 5 sheets of filo (you will need about 11/2 sheets to cover each pie).
- Bake pies for 20-25 minutes or until pastry tops are golden brown. Serve immediately.
NUTRITION INFO PER SERVE 2250kJ, protein 48g, total fat 16.4g (sat. fat 4.8g), carbs 45g, fibre 8g, sodium 511mg • Carb exchanges 3 • GI estimate low
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||9.4 g|
|Total carbohydrates||70.8 g|
|- Sugars||16.3 g|
|Dietary fibre||9.1 g|