Salad is best made on the day of serving, but it can be prepared up to one day ahead, making it an easy way to entertain
- 1.25 kg small Desiree potatoes, cut lengthways, cut into 2cm pieces
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- 185 g packet hot smoked salmon with pepper, skin removed, flaked
- 60 g fresh baby spinach leaves, shredded
- 2 Tbsp drained baby capers
- lemon cut into wedges, to serve
- 200 ml tub creme fraiche
- ¼ cup chopped fresh chives
- 2 Tbsp horseradish cream
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh dill
- Place potatoes in a large roasting pan lined with baking paper.
- Whisk oil, mustard, garlic and paprika in a small jug. Pour over potatoes. Season with salt and pepper. Toss well to coat.
- Cook in a hot oven (200C), turning halfway, for about 40 minutes, or until golden and tender. Remove. Cool for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make dressing. Combine all ingredients in a small bowl with salt and pepper.
- Place potatoes, salmon, spinach, capers and dressing in a large bowl. Toss well. Cover. Refrigerate 2 hours.
- Serve salad with lemon pieces
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||7.8 g|
|Total carbohydrates||25.5 g|
|- Sugars||5.3 g|
|Dietary fibre||5.3 g|