Serve up the perfect side to your dinner party menu. It's easy to prepare and tastes incredible!
- 3 x 700 g butternut pumpkin cut into halves
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- ¼ tsp dried chilli flakes
- fresh coriander leaves, to garnish
Pepita and coriander dressing
- ¾ cup pepitas
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¾ cup chopped fresh coriander leaves
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp water
- salt and pepper to taste
- For dressing, toss pepitas with cumin and 2 teaspoons of oil in a bowl. Spread over large oven tray lined with baking paper.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180C), stirring halfway through, for about 10 minutes, or until toasted. Remove. Cool. Reserve ¼ cup for garnish.
- Place remaining pepitas in a food processor with remaining oil, coriander, juice, garlic, mustard and water. Process until combined. Season. Transfer to a jug.
- Remove seeds from pumpkin. Cut each half lengthways into four even wedges.
- Combine oil and chilli in a small bowl. Brush over pumpkin wedges. Season with salt and pepper. Place on two oiled, large oven trays.
- Cook in a hot oven (200C), swapping trays halfway through, for about 45 to 50 minutes or until pumpkin is tender. Remove.
- Place pumpkin on a serving platter. Spoon over dressing. Sprinkle with reserved pepitas and coriander.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||2.5 g|
|Total carbohydrates||32.5 g|
|- Sugars||6.8 g|
|Dietary fibre||7.6 g|