Try adding dried chilli flakes to marinated tomatoes for a spicy flavour.
- 2 x 350 g eggplants, trimmed
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 250 g fresh ricotta
- ⅓ cup fresh basil pesto
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 2 x 350 g punnets tomato medley, halved
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- ½ cup chopped fresh parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- To make marinated tomatoes, whisk oil, vinegar, garlic and sugar in a large bowl until combined. Add tomatoes. Toss to coat. Refrigerate, covered, for 1 hour. Stir in onions and parsley. Season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, cut eggplants into 2cm rounds (you will need 12 slices). Brush with oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a lightly oiled, large, barbecue grill plate over a medium heat. Add eggplants. Cook, for 3 to 4 minutes on each side, or until charred and tender. Remove.
- Combine ricotta and pesto in a bowl. Mix well.
- Arrange warm eggplants in a single layer on a platter. Spoon over ricotta mixture. Top with marinated tomatoes.
This recipe is…
- Raw food
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||6.8 g|
|Total carbohydrates||9.6 g|
|- Sugars||8.2 g|
|Dietary fibre||4.9 g|